Areas of Focus
The areas of focus represent the pillars of services necessary to combat the negative factors impacting the community.
HEALTH & WELL BEING
Provide education and training on the importance of medical wellness and prevention. Work in collaboration with medical partners and providers to offer opportunities for medical awareness. Develop educational tools, and assessments, for individuals, youth, and families within the community.
- Importance of basic Healthcare
- Reproductive health
- Nutrition and health
- Growth and development in the body of adolescents
- Sexual Health
- Behaviors causing medical concerns
A team of skilled professional, identifying the needs of the community in behavioral health. Providing education and services to combat adverse childhood experiences, toxic stress, substance abuse/use, historical and environmental trauma. Educating the community on behavioral health resources and combating stigmas associated with mental health.
- Youth focused group
- Counseling and therapy
- Seminars for behavioral health and awareness
- Understanding the importance of substance abuse and /use
- Mental awareness and education
- Understanding the impact of trauma
education & Training development
Provide opportunities within the community to inform and identify resources. Utilize tools and strategies to work youth and adults experiencing negative social, behavioral, physical, and environmental factors.
- Have professionals and content experts conveying information on strategies to reduce the factors impacting the health of the community.
- Emphasis on vocational, life skills and interpersonal development.
- Building literacy enrichment, community resource coaches,
- G.E.D preparation and college resources
Empowering families to function in a capacity that provides a safe nurturing environment. Working in collaboration with the family to identify the needs and have access to resources that enables them to have healthy families. This area is focused on providing accessible and supportive services.
- Parent Education and Support
- Knowledge of community resources
- Strategic family planning
- Engaging parents to be stronger leaders
- Medical education and awareness
- Social Interaction services and support